The BBOJCC deals with all aspects of this such as but not limited to:
- Create junior club league fixtures for the following levels of leagues/festivals:
- U8s Festivals & Leagues (Mixed)
- U10s Festivals & League (Mixed)
- U12s Sub Area Festivals & Leagues (Boys/Girls)
- Badgers / Development activity?
- EH County In2Hockey Finals (u10 and u12 Boys/Girls)
- Working with each county to agree the hosting and administration arrangements for the County In2Hockey
- Handling the entry administration from clubs across BBO for the relevant competition.
- Handing over the event to organisers in each county to run on the day.
- Dealing with all emails and communications from the clubs ensuring prompt replies and timely sending out of information.
- Managing the day-to-day requirements that come with running leagues (U8/10/12) such as weekly checking of results, assisting clubs with postponed or cancelled games, setting new fixture dates/times/venues on the website and act as go-between when situations arise that are covered by the rules.
- Monitoring the leagues (U8/10/12) to ensure fixtures are being played on the recommended dates. (if November is called off then December becomes the next one and the original date is lost)
- Re-jigging of U8/10 festivals and leagues to ensure appropriate competition.
- Maintaining good relations with the primary Junior contacts of the clubs, always remembering that these are volunteers, striking the right balance between helping the clubs to manage their junior teams and enforcing the rules and protocols agreed.
- Attending (calling) the Annual Junior Prime Contacts meeting for BBO
- Attending periodic meetings of BBO counties if required (not expected to be regularly required)
- Reporting the joint BBO Junior Hockey Competitions Working Group and chair from that group (to be agreed)
- Attending South Central meetings as necessary
- Effective use of appropriate website and core administration systems.
- In year 1 undertake work to ascertain and support schools’ provision across BBO.
- Work closely with the Berkshire Schools Competition organiser to develop a proposal for Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire.
- Agree the timing and next steps for school’s competition with each county.
- School competition costs (e.g., pitches, umpires, trophies will need to be supported by the individual counties as agreed)
- Entry fees will be paid to BBO to support the BBOJCC role.
Access to own car, computer and mobile device/smart phone is essential.
It is anticipated that the role will take up the equivalent of 2 to 3 days per week in busy periods, and anticipate that the workload will not be spread evenly across the year due to the seasonal nature of the sport.
This is a self-employed role circa £6K – £7.5K
Application by way of letter of interest to be sent to Gaynor.Toms@englandhockey.co.uk by 24th May 2021.
Interview Thursday 27th May AM via virtual meeting. Role to begin 10th June 2021