Milton Keynes Hockey Club are seeking a lead coach for their Ladies 1st team and invite applications from coaches or player coaches
The team are currently playing in South Division 3A and are looking for a coach to lead the team this season & longer with the direct aim of promotion within 2 seasons
Home games and training take place at Woughton on the Green Playing Fields, MK6 3EA
The team are ambitious with a long-term goal of achieving National League.
Successful applicants will need to bring a competitive nature, excellent relationship development skills, innovative match day strategies and training ideas that bring the most out of the squad. Having a holistic approach to coaching is also vital to ensure the Women’s section operates as a cohesive unit with seamless pathways between teams of the top three sides
- You will need a minimum UK Level 2 coaching Qualification, or at least working towards this qualification, or equivalent.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK and hold a valid UK/EU passport or valid work permit and speak a good standard of English.
- A current First Aid Certificate which must be kept up to date during the full term of the appointment
- Has at minimum UK Coaching ‘s Safeguarding and Protecting Children (SPC) in Sport Workshop
- Current Coaching insurance
All applicants will need to complete an Enhanced DBS Check prior to any appointment being confirmed. The club will cover the cost for the initial check, but all subsequent renewals will be the responsibility of the applicant
- Planning and delivery of weekly training sessions, focusing on team and player development, analysing weaknesses in the weekend matches and designing training around these weaknesses.
- Be available to attend all Saturday fixtures and training including pre-season. Sunday cup fixtures are desirable but not required
- Work alongside the captain and director of hockey to develop a strategy to ensure the delivery of a successful season and team selections.
- Work with Women’s 2nd XI coach on development, selection, training sessions and team tactics, ensuring that open communication is upheld throughout the entire season
- Help identify leading young players across MKHC, working with other coaches and captains to manage their development towards the Women’s performance teams
- Maintain good communication with players, providing both individual and team feedback.
This is a paid position with remuneration to be confirmed based upon qualifications, experience and the final role(s) agreed upon.
Interested parties please e-mail: email@example.com